If a fire breaks out, you are counting on your sprinkler system to fight this fire and prevent disaster. If your system is well maintained, this should not be a problem. However, what if your fire sprinkler has a leak? This will cause malfunctions in your system and could allow a small fire to become a big danger. As your fire protection consultant in Lawrenceville, GA, we want to help prevent this from happening.
To avert disaster, it’s important to be familiar with your system, what can cause leaks and how to prevent them. Use the following guide to keep your system in optimal shape and keep your building safe.
Top Causes of Leaks
- Corrosion: Even when protected, your sprinkler system is exposed to the main cause of corrosion: oxygen. Over time, it can become rusted and break down. Watch for discolored water or a sulfuric odor from your system. These indicate corrosion. If you see these signs, contact your fire sprinkler consultant in Lawrenceville, GA to take the appropriate next steps.
- Failure: Leaks are frequently caused by equipment failure. Sprinklers may be installed improperly, designed with faults or need repairs from wear and tear over time.
- Freezing: This is often combined with failure of other systems in the building. If the heating system fails, it can leave sprinklers exposed to harsh temperatures. Sprinklers near open windows can also be susceptible to damage from freezing temperatures. Keep windows closed during cold weather and reheat the area as soon as possible if heating systems are ever shut down.
- Inspections and testing: To avoid these scenarios, schedule proper maintenance for your sprinklers. Regular inspections and testing are key. These will help detect issues early on before they become dangerous. Any issues can be repaired right away so your system does not fail during an emergency.
- Qualified professionals: Your fire sprinklers are integral to your building’s safety. You should not put this safety into the hands of unqualified individuals. For installations, repairs and inspections, contact professional fire protection consultants in Lawrenceville, GA. These experts will ensure your equipment functions optimally and works properly to keep your building safe.
- Caution: As mentioned, take the proper precautions as you maintain your sprinkler system. Don’t leave it exposed to freezing temperatures. Make any necessary repairs right away to prevent further damage or corrosion. Keep objects clear of the system to avoid collisions or blockages, such as signs, light fixtures and ladders.
Let Us Stop the Leaks
Are you experiencing a leak in your sprinkler system? To stop current leaks and prevent future problems, contact the team at AAA Fire Protection Resources, Inc. We offer leading methods and top customer service to properly maintain your fire sprinklers. Our goal is to keep you completely satisfied and your building completely safe. Contact us today with any additional questions about leaks or other maintenance issues. Our knowledgeable staff is ready to assist you. Reach out to us with any inquiries or to schedule an appointment with your fire protection consultant in Lawrenceville, GA.
Categorised in: Fire Protection Consultant
This post was written by Writer