10 Reasons Commercial Buildings Fail Safety Inspections
The last thing you need is for your business to fail a safety inspection. This is a costly and difficult process if you haven’t passed inspections. It will also compromise the public’s opinion of your business. After all, no one wants to put their personal safety at risk.
Luckily, you can avoid many common hazards in safety inspections by choosing the right fire protection system in Lawrenceville, GA. The best choice is working with AAA Fire Protection Resources, Inc., with our professional staff and excellent products. Let’s look at the top reasons why commercial buildings fail inspections and how to avoid these pitfalls:
- Emergency lights and exit signs: You need to make sure that every emergency light and exit sign has a functioning bulb and works the way it’s supposed to. Without these, people may not know how to leave the building in an emergency.
- Exit doors: It’s crucial for every exit door to be easy to open from the inside. They also should be readily accessible so that people who need to exit the building in a hurry can do so. Failing to do this could be a dangerous decision.
- Obstructions: You want to make sure that paths leading to exits are clear of any objects. If they’re not, your building permit could be on the line. This goes for stairways and walkways as well.
- Electrical outlets: Every electrical outlet needs to have adequate covering. The leading cause of fires is electrical malfunction. An outlet cover is a simple way to prevent this hazard.
- Clean up area surrounding building: Having a mess of weeds, trash and debris won’t just hurt your business—it could cause you to fail your inspection as well. Keep the outside tidy, and prevent messes from adding fuel to a potential fire.
- Fire alarms: Has your fire alarm system been tested? How long ago was it last tested? It’s best to use a licensed service to ensure that the system is working the way it should.
- Extension cords: These are only supposed to be used for temporary purposes. Keeping them around for the long term is a fire hazard.
- Sprinkler system: Just like the fire alarms, these need to be tested by a pro. They could make the difference in the event of a fire.
- Fire extinguishers: You need to have fire extinguishers in the building, and they need to be clearly available and up to date.
- Hazardous materials: If you deal in hazardous materials, make sure you’re disposing of them properly.
Do you need a top-quality fire protection system in Lawrenceville, GA? If so, look no further. AAA Fire Protection Resources, Inc. has served the community for 37 years, providing quality fire protection equipment for commercial locations all across Georgia. We offer a range of services and products, including fire hydrants, fire training, emergency lights, exit signs, sprinkler systems and fire alarms.
We accept orders of all sizes, including those looking for large or bulk orders. Our fast and friendly service is tailored to each customer’s needs. You can also rest easy knowing that we’re associated with organizations ensuring the quality of fire inspection. Call us today to set up an appointment or place an order.
Categorised in: Fire Protection System
This post was written by Writer