With Firework Shows Come Fire Extinguishers in Lawrenceville, GA
Summer nights are often filled with brilliant displays of fireworks. These can add colorful fun to picnics, Independence Day celebrations and other special occasions. However, proper safety precautions must be used to avoid disasters. No fireworks show is complete without fire extinguishers in Lawrenceville, GA.
In addition to having fire extinguishers on hand during firework shows, several other safety tips can help keep you and your loved ones safe. Use the following guidelines as you light up the skies this summer.
- Don’t buy brown paper: If you discover any firework products that are packaged in brown paper, do not buy these. They are designed for professional displays and require special handling which would be dangerous for personal use.
- Maintain constant supervision: Children should never be allowed to handle fireworks alone. Adult supervision should be constant, especially if children are using sparklers. These products may seem tame but can quickly cause serious injury or property damage.
- Back away: After lighting fireworks, immediately back away to a safe distance. Do not wait nearby to check on the fuse or wait for the fireworks to begin. A safe distance is essential to prevent personal injury.
- Keep water handy: In addition to fire extinguishers in Lawrenceville, GA, keep a water source nearby. A bucket of water or a garden hose are good options. This will allow you to douse fireworks if they get out of control and to ensure they are extinguished before throwing them away.
- Accept duds: If a firework does not fully ignite, do not try to relight it. This can lead to serious injury if the firework malfunctions or suddenly ignites while you are in close proximity. Accept the loss, douse the firework with water and dispose of it properly.
- Avoid containers: Do not shoot fireworks from a glass or metal container. Always follow manufacturer instructions for proper handling and lighting. Never carry them in your pocket, either. It is essential to handle these products carefully to prevent injury and potential fires.
- Light with caution: When you light fireworks, do not place any part of your body directly over the device. You may think you will be able to move out of the way quickly, but fireworks can be unpredictable, and it’s not worth the risk.
- Follow the law: Not all fireworks are legal in all areas. Be sure to purchase items that are allowed and light them only where permitted. Gwinnett County has 84 licensed fireworks facilities, so it should be simple enough to find legal means of safely enjoying fireworks.
Enjoy Oohs and Ahhs
At AAA Fire Protection Resources, Inc., we want you to be able to enjoy beautiful fireworks displays safely. We offer quality fire extinguishers in Lawrenceville, GA so you can have the right equipment on hand for your next event. We accept orders of all sizes, so contact us today to get the fire extinguishers you need.
We also offer fire hydrants, fire training, emergency lights, exit signs, sprinkler systems, and fire alarms, as well as installation and service of these products. Reach us today at 770-963-0887 to place your order.
Categorised in: Fire Equipment Suppliers
This post was written by Writer