Owning and operating a small business is never easy. Maintaining fire safety compliance for your small business is often low on your list of priorities when it comes right down to it. It is, however, an exceptionally important task.
If a fire safety inspector were to visit your commercial space today to perform an inspection, would you pass? If you’re not certain, it’s probably time to reevaluate your fire safety plan and your fire safety equipment.
Working with fire safety consultants in Lawrenceville, GA is often the best way to update your business’ fire safety strategy and ensure that you’re in compliance with all local, state and federal safety codes.
Thankfully, improving your company’s approach to fire safety isn’t usually that challenging. Chances are, you’ll only have to make a few small changes to bring your business into compliance with local fire safety codes. Any investment that you make in fire safety gear will help you ensure the safety of your employees, clients and customers.
Here are just a few ways you can reevaluate and improve your approach to fire safety:
- Make a plan: You should have a clear fire safety strategy posted in hallways and rooms at your commercial building. All of your employees should be intimately familiar with your fire safety plan. If they’re not, you should take the time to educate them on your company’s fire safety approach.
- Get an alarm: It’s extremely important to have a working, connected alarm system installed at your place of business. If you’re not sure whether or not your alarm is still working, you should have a fire safety consultant in Lawrenceville, GA examine it and make sure it’s up to local code.
- Invest in suppression equipment: If you haven’t had your building’s sprinkler system looked at since you moved in, it’s time to have a fire safety consultant in Lawrenceville, GA analyze it. There’s a chance that the system isn’t connected, or it’s not up to local safety standards.
- Service your equipment: Fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems and other types of fire safety equipment need to be serviced and examined with some regularity. Make sure that none of your fire safety assets are past their expiration date.
- Prepare the interior and exterior: There shouldn’t be any boxes or desks blocking fire exits or windows, and your building’s hallways should be easily navigable. Clutter could prove deadly in the event of a fire. You should also make sure that there aren’t any tree branches brushing up against your building’s roof, and that the building address is easily readable from the street.
AAA Fire Protection Resources, Inc. has been among the most trusted fire safety consultants in Lawrenceville, GA since 1981. We’re proud to provide our clients with dependable advice and the equipment necessary to bring their fire safety protocols up to local codes and standards. To learn more about the ways we can help you improve your company’s fire safety strategy, please reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Fire Safety Consultants
This post was written by Writer