The Top Fire Hazards in an Office
You probably don’t think about it when you’re at work, but there’s a very real possibility of a fire breaking out at your office. Fire departments respond to an average of over 3,340 office fires each year, which result in four deaths, 44 injuries and $112 million in property damage. Continue reading to learn about a few of the leading office fire hazards in Lawrenceville, GA, and how you can prevent them:
- Damaged power cords: Power cords go through a lot of wear and tear over the years. As they age, the wire casing tends to become worn and expose the wires underneath. Needless to say, that’s a problem! Exposed wires may produce sparks that can quickly ignite the carpeting or any nearby combustible materials. Replace damaged power cords as soon as possible to avoid this issue.
- Kitchen fires: Most offices have a kitchen or kitchenette where employees can store their food, heat up leftovers for lunch and grab a cup of coffee. As with any kitchen, there’s a chance that a fire can break out at any moment. Be sure you have safety equipment on hand, including a fire extinguisher or a fire suppression system.
- Overloaded outlets: From printers to computers and even lamps, power outlets and power strips get a lot of use in an office. Plugging too many electronics into one outlet is one of the bigger office fire hazards in Lawrenceville, GA. Take note of how many appliances are plugged into a single outlet and consider rearranging your electronics if necessary.
- Personal heaters: One of the best ways to keep warm in your office is by keeping a space heater under your desk. The only problem with that, however, is that older space heaters can catch on fire—especially if they tip over. Be sure your model is up to date and has an automatic turn-off feature if it falls over.
Prevent office fires with a fire protection consultation
If there’s any good news, it’s that office fire prevention is easy if you call us for a fire protection consultation! Here’s how we can help with office fire hazard prevention in Lawrenceville, GA:
- Meet regulatory compliance: Our professionals at AAA Fire Protection Resources, Inc. help ensure that your office space meets local safety codes. Not only will you be in good standing with the law, but you’ll also be able to rest easy knowing you’ll be safe in the event of a fire.
- Safety equipment installation: Having the right equipment in your office is essential for stopping fires before they get out of hand. We sell and install extinguishers, alarms, fire suppression systems and much more.
- Minimize fire risks: With the right equipment installed and proper knowledge of how to avoid fires, you’ll be as safe as can be. We have over 35 years of fire consultation experience—there’s nobody better at helping your business prevent fires.
Lower the risk of a fire outbreak by calling AAA Fire Protection Resources, Inc. for office fire hazard prevention in Lawrenceville, GA. Our consultation services will help ensure your office is as safe as possible.
Categorised in: Fire Hazards
This post was written by Writer