Fire safety inspections in Lawrenceville, GA are integral to the success and safety of your commercial operations. Understanding what the inspector looks for and how to pass fire safety standards is crucial. Here’s what you need to know for your next inspection.
Key inspection items
- Potential fires: Inspectors look for potential ways in which fires could start in your building.
- Safety systems: Fire safety inspections in Lawrenceville, GA include a thorough check of the safety systems in place at your location. They look at sprinkler systems, smoke alarms and fire extinguishers. The inspector ensures that all of these items are in good condition. He or she may also request documentation to show proper maintenance has been completed on these systems.
- Egress systems: Inspectors look at signs and exit doors to determine if your egress systems are adequate and safe. Lighted signs and other features should assist with safe egress and not impede it.
- Emergency access: Another important aspect of fire safety inspections in Lawrenceville, GA is to determine whether emergency personnel can easily access your building. In case of an emergency, these first responders must be able to quickly access your location, so an inspector will make sure this is possible.
- Door issues: The inspection of a setting’s egress systems is often a source of issue with fire safety inspections in Lawrenceville, GA. Make sure all requirements are met regarding fire doors, releasing mechanisms, latches and self-closing devices. Additionally, be careful not to store items in such a way that they partially or fully block exits.
- Lack of maintenance: With so many tasks on your plate, it can be easy to forget to properly maintain fire equipment such as smoke alarms and fire extinguishers. Make sure these items are checked and maintained as required and that you document this process so you can provide proof to the inspector. Don’t forget to maintain heat-producing appliances and systems as well, such as furnaces and hot water heaters.
- Improper storage: Do you store any combustible materials on site? These must be in approved containers and stored appropriately according to fire safety standards. Keep quantity limitations in mind.
- Lack of access: Make sure your building address is clearly visible to emergency responders, as these numbers are often obscured by signs, landscaping or worn paint jobs. Also, consider using a fire department lockbox to ensure emergency crews can access the interior of the building if necessary. If you change your locks, don’t forget to replace the keys in this lockbox with the new ones.
- Extension cords: These “convenient” solutions are often a big no-no when it comes to fire safety inspections in Lawrenceville, GA. They are typically only allowed for temporary power and must be in good condition, with appropriate heavy-duty ratings.
For more insights on how to successfully pass fire safety inspections in Lawrenceville, GA, contact the experts at AAA Fire Protection Resources, Inc. Since 1981, we’ve been the area’s go-to source for quality fire protection equipment. As active members of numerous industry associations, we offer quality service to keep your setting safe and compliant. Reach us today at 770-963-0887.
Categorised in: Fire Safety Compliance
This post was written by Writer