Automatic Extinguishing Systems Save Lives
When a fire breaks out in your apartment building, vehicle or business, every second counts. Automatic fire suppression can help save lives. Instead of waiting for the fire department to arrive—and allowing the fire to spread in the meantime—automatic suppression systems can start attacking the fire as soon as it’s detected.
Types of automatic fire suppression systems
- Sprinklers: You’re probably familiar with fire sprinklers—they’ve been a popular type of fire suppression system for decades. When the fire is detected, the sprinklers send water out into the room or rooms affected. This helps put out the fire, or at least prevent it from spreading further.
- Water mist agents: Water mist fire suppression agents are effective, but they can also cause corrosion. They’ve been associated with environmental and health concerns.
- Dry chemical or gas agents: Dry chemical agents are good for buildings with flammable and combustible liquids, while gaseous agents are used to smother fires without leaving behind residue.
- Vehicle fire suppression: Vehicles used in motorsports should have some sort of fire suppression system installed. You can put a fire extinguisher in the trunk, of course, but more advanced vehicles can install electric automatic suppression systems.
Benefits of installing automatic fire extinguishing systems
- Save lives: Obviously, the biggest benefit of installing an automatic fire suppression system is that it will help save irreplaceable human lives. If you want to protect your employees, patrons and other visitors, installing sprinklers or other suppression systems will go a long way. They can help suppress the fire right away, whether it goes out entirely or simply buys everyone some time to get out of the building.
- Reduce property damage: When you have a good automatic system, you’ll also be able to cut down on the property damage the fire causes. Start suppressing the fire immediately, rather than waiting for the fire department to arrive on the scene.
- Lower your insurance premiums: Most property insurance companies will give you a break on your premiums when you install automatic fire suppression systems. They’re less likely to have to pay out on your policy—and if they do, they’ll almost certainly pay less than they would if you had not installed one.
- Relatively low cost: When you compare the cost of installing automatic suppression systems to what you’d pay to replace your building, equipment or vehicle, a fire suppression system makes a lot of financial system. It’s better to make the small initial investment now.
- Low maintenance requirements: Finally, automatic fire suppression systems require very little maintenance, especially when you consider how helpful they can be.
When you own property or participate in motorsports, automatic fire extinguishers should be a no-brainer. Why not protect human life and your property in the easiest way possible? Unfortunately, many businesses fail to install these systems, whether they’re afraid of the cost or don’t realize how important they can be.
For more information about automatic fire extinguishing systems, call AAA Fire Protection Resources, Inc. We’ll help you find the right system for your needs.
Categorised in: Fire Protection System
This post was written by Writer